Friday, June 3, 2011

Changing the steering wheel from right to left?

on a chevy impala68 model,how much would it cost in ozzy dollars to change sterring wheel from righ to left?|||It would be a custom job, get several quotes from firms that undertake such work.


I think a better alternative would be to leave it alone. Cars are not required to be right hand drive in Oz anymore, driving LHD is not a problem after a little practice, I have been driving fullsize American cars in the UK for years without any problems, over here doing such a conversion would drastically reduce the value of the car.


Bear in mind most American cars were designed only to be LHD, with asymetrical dashboards and engine bay layouts.


When I was in Oz earlier this year I remember reading with horror about someone who had chopped up a %26#039;63 imperial to convert it to RHD and destroyed a fine original car in the process.|||if you ship it to houston Texas ...I will do it for


8 thousand dollars U.S.