Friday, June 3, 2011

Who do I need to notify about steering wheel side change?

I am planing to convert my car to left hand drive.


What do I need to do and who should I notify?


Does it need change in V5?|||Contact the %26quot;Department of Transport%26quot;





Not only will it affect your V5 it will affect you insurance as it is a modified car.





May also be classed as a%26quot;Q%26quot; plate (Try shifting one of them)|||dvla if in uk and insurance company|||Why not just buy a left hooker Pat? plenty around and generally cheaper.





The insurance may go up as they are harder to position correctly on the road for visibility/clearance etc.





I drive LHD cars a lot as part of my job, I%26#039;d just buy one that was built like that in the first place if you can.|||You need to inform the DVLA and your insurance company.