Thursday, October 6, 2011

02 Altima, 2.5--- Why is my car vibrating so bad that the steering wheel vibrates?

From a very low speed, I can feel a lump, lump, lump. I can feel 2 lumps before the tire rotates fully. I already changed the the front struts, and there is no visible bubble or lump in the front tires. As I crawl along, say in a drive thru, the steering wheel visibly nudges one way or the other as these %26quot;lumps%26quot; happen. Is the axel bent? Is something loose?

Any ideas what this can be?!
02 Altima, 2.5--- Why is my car vibrating so bad that the steering wheel vibrates?
Simple just place those two tire rim assemblys on the rear. It would not hurt to have the assemblys ballanced with a Hunter GPS 9000 road force tire ballancer. That machine can detect bent wheels and internal not visiable tire cord dammage. Good tire shops use the GPS 9000 machines all across the country. For a Shop with the best tire equiptment ask %26quot;tirerack.com%26quot; for an approved list of installers while your shopping for 4 new tires.
02 Altima, 2.5--- Why is my car vibrating so bad that the steering wheel vibrates?
You could have a bad or two bad axle C.V. joints. Also you could have a front rim loose on the car, as in lug nuts loose, that happened to me once. Also be sure and look at the front tires again, a slipped belt could make the tire lopsided and do the same thing.
yah the axle could be bent I guess. Doesn't sound like it. Maybe the wheel is not installed correctly. If I were you I would be rotate both front wheels to the back. I guess the aliment could be off. It could be a bearing problem.



But really I think one of your wheels is not bolted on right. Good luck.