Thursday, October 6, 2011

My steering wheel is locked and I can't start my car?

I was going to work this morning and found that my key would not turn in the ignition. I ALREADY had tried wiggling the steering wheel, checking to see if the car was in park but nothing helped. I'm unable to change gears and the steering wheel is locked and won't budge either. I last drove the car about 12 hours ago. I just moved to a new city and don't know anyone here. Any help would be appreciated. My car is a 2000 saturn. Believe it's an SL1 or SL2
My steering wheel is locked and I can't start my car?
Well, let's get the obvious aside right away. Are you using the

exact same key as you used when you drove it 12 hrs ago ?



Are you parked on a hill ?



Have you attempted to push the car forward and backward just a

bit with someone.



Did you turn the steering wheel hard left an or/ hard right when

you tried to turn the key. Sometimes it gets locked in pretty tight,

once again, especially if you're on a hill.



If that doesn't help, make sure you didn't bend the key somehow

if you used it to pry something or something of that nature.



Call a Locksmith if all else fails...



Good Luck to you..
My steering wheel is locked and I can't start my car?
Don't panic its not hard to fix. you are using an old key have a new key made and that should take care of it. Saturn's are very touchy and require a good key.
Just slightly turn the steering wheel then turn the key... lol happens to me all the time
Is it an automatic parked on a hill, the trans is jammed against a shift band, have someone push the car a few inches, do it yourself with a wheel chuck just enuff to release the pressure on the trans.



It happened to me.