Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Why does my car shake, including the whole front of the car, tires and steering wheel, whenever I brake?

I have a toyota sienna, I just changed my tires and had it balanced. It feels like the car's tire is going to fall off everytime I brake.
Why does my car shake, including the whole front of the car, tires and steering wheel, whenever I brake?
replace your rotors.



they are bended



did you hit a sidewalk real hard recently?
Why does my car shake, including the whole front of the car, tires and steering wheel, whenever I brake?
Warped rotors
Replace your rotors. They are warped
You need new rotors. That's what the brake shoes clamp on to to slow the wheels.
they didnt seat the new brake pads to the rotor properly
either they put the rim on backwards, chances are thatt the tires were not properly balanced. i had that problem with my truck. or it could be that your rotors need to be shaved or replaced.
those would be some really warped rotors. u probably want to take it in to see if suspension has some serious issues. bad tie rods comes to mind. with the car up in the air they can move tires left to right and see if suspension is worn out. it might just be the rotors but i wouldnt screw around and wait to find out.
what you got is called a brake pulsation. happens when braking, what your feeling is a shake felt in car you feel in brake pedal,steering wheel and seat. that is caused by a warped rotor.rotors now adays are cheaply built. usually throw away when bad when before you could machine them and make them fresh again. put a new set of pads and rotors on and it will go away. i recommend a dealer so you can use original equipment. i hope this helps
When the shop replaced the wheels they may not have torqued the lug nuts to the proper torque and your rotors may now be warped. It's a common problem.