Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I have a 1997 Infiniti I30 143k miles and the steering wheel is difficult to turn.?

It does it first thing in the morning when it cool out or if its been sitting a long time and its cool/cold out. Also, its only difficult when making turns around a corner, not slight turning like when driving on the road. The difficulty feels like a stutter, not a constant force. I don't hear any noise except the squeak you hear when you turn you wheel all the way to one side or the other. Also, I've changed the power steering fluid as well. Everything else feels find. One, one more thing, and i don't know if this is related or not but i went to get an alignment done and the guy said there was no point b/c there was something wrong and it would just go back to pulling to one side.
I have a 1997 Infiniti I30 143k miles and the steering wheel is difficult to turn.?
The brake power booster could be bad. The power steering pump could be bad, The rack and pinion could be bad.. As far as the alignment goes did he say what was wrong? Bad tie rods? Bad struts?
I have a 1997 Infiniti I30 143k miles and the steering wheel is difficult to turn.?
loose or old belt maybe



and what did the guy say was bad with front end and why didnt he fix it
If the fluid level is good, and you have the proper fluid in the pump, the next thing to do is change the serpentine belt that drives everything under the hood.



$30 for the belt and 10 minutes of your time.

They're pretty simple to replace.
  • msdn
  • how to deal with friends
  •