Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Steering wheel audio control?

Hi there, I have a Renault Clio 1.4 16v 1999. On the steering wheel it has an audio remote control which allows me to change the volume, radio station and source. I only have a radio/cassette unit with audio dashboard display.



Can I buy a CD unit and still be able to connect the remote up? What would happen to the audio dashboard display would it still tell me the time or would it not work at all.
Steering wheel audio control?
Unless the new system can come as an optional extra from Renault, then no. The heads up display would fail too. I had the same problem and just fitted good speakers. What a difference.
Steering wheel audio control?
Great idea...!

Report Abuse


You can get interfaces from Sounlinx and connects2 that will be able to utilise this feature with certain after market head units
yeh you can get adapters that connect it to your new stereo