Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I have a bad vibration in my steering wheel at highway speeds?

The brand new 17%26quot; whaeels and tires have been balanced twice and no change in vibration. Any help? It is a 1996 civic ex
I have a bad vibration in my steering wheel at highway speeds?
Might also weant to get your car alligned and have them check your CV joints. Cars in northern areas have issues with CV joints. Ask your mechanic to see if you car has had any accidents - it may be that. Good luck!
I have a bad vibration in my steering wheel at highway speeds?
it may bee your ball joints worn
Try getting some camber kit. Some times when changing rims or lowering suspension the wheels will tilt inward or outward and causes alignment problems. I got 18s on my 98 civic coupe and it did the same thing. They cost about 150 for front and back each from Skunk2.



Try jazzproparts.com
Sometimes the side walls of the tires break down and would cause a vibration. If this is so you may notice a bulge on the side of the tire. Also, you should have your tie rods and ball joints checked for wear. If you are a two foot driver (one foot on the accelerator and one on the break) your wheel disc may be warped from excessive breaking. If your struts are worn ( which is common in Japanese cars) your wheel will lift of the road causing it to %26quot;bounce%26quot;. this would feel like a vibration at high speeds. Then again I have had my tires balanced and they didn't do it correctly.