Thursday, October 6, 2011

I changed a wheel bearing on my 2000 saturn i didnt move tire rod ends at all, after i put it back together?

the steering wheel is about a 1/4 turn off . What did I do?
I changed a wheel bearing on my 2000 saturn i didnt move tire rod ends at all, after i put it back together?
DO NOT move the steering wheel. That is totally wrong. The rack is designed for 'center feel' in the center. The tie rods are designed to be parallel to the lower control arms on center. Don't mess with that. That's not supposed to be changed.



Now, I don't really know what you did that changed it - the bearing shouldn't change the alignment at all. You may want to double check the installation of the bearing to the hub, to see if all the bolts pulled it up completely. I don't know what else to tell you.



As you know, the tie rods can both be adjusted to set it on center, but it bothers me that it ever got off center.
I changed a wheel bearing on my 2000 saturn i didnt move tire rod ends at all, after i put it back together?
You can reset the steering wheel from the steering rack or

move the steering wheel over, but be careful if you have an

airbag. Whichever is easy. I personally would get an alignment

Only about 50 bucks.
  • software
  • vc
  •