Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Intermediate steering shaft replaced, wheel is off center?

I had the dealer replace the intermediate steering shaft on my 02 chevy monte carlo. When i drove off, i noticed the wheel is about 5 degrees off on a straight road. I called them up and they said it has nothing to do with the steering shaft they replaced. I need an alignment. The car was fine before, how is it possible that I need an alignment right after they changed the steering shaft. Is this true what they said or they're lying to me?
Intermediate steering shaft replaced, wheel is off center?
It is not true what they said, It has every thing to do with what they did if it was ok when you brought it in. Most intermediate shafts are splined so as not to get the shaft in wrong but not all of them. If they took the steering wheel off I bet there is where they went wrong on reinstalling it. All parts for the steering Should be marked before replacement to prevent this from happening. I would call them back and ask to talk to the Service Manager! Stand your ground on this one because there is NO Way your alignment is off, tell them the car does Not pull left or right, and it was just fine when you brought it in! And TELL them you Will fix this for Free! Good Luck.