Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Steering wheel shakes over 50 mph?

My steering wheel was shaking over 50 mph. I went to get them balanced and rotated. The front 2 both had knots on the. The back right one also had a slight flat spot but I did not change it. Now my steering wheel does not shake near as much but it still does a little. Plus it pulls to the right slightly. Could this be because of me not changing the back right tire.
Steering wheel shakes over 50 mph?
Yes, that's probably it. A flat spot will cause shaking, no doubt.
Steering wheel shakes over 50 mph?
The issue is not the wheel balance, it's the wheel alignment.
My Taurus was doing the same thing, you need a front end alignment and possibly some tie rods, mine used to shake on the free way and pull to the left, do you drive a FORD?
Did you hit a curb or anything that caused the knots on the old tires? A bent wheel can cause a shake that is often worse at a particular speed. I'd normally say to swap the front and rear wheels to see if it goes away, but since you still have a bad rear tire I don't think it would tell you much. You can usually spot a bent wheel when the tire is being balanced if a spin balancer is used. Ask the place where you purchased the tires to check it.
maybe they did,nt balance them right. how,s the front end? check the ball joints and tie rods. put the 2 best tires on the front. you should,nt notice it as bad with the worn tires on the back.
  • rodents
  • how to straighten hair with a flat iron
  •