Friday, September 23, 2011

My steering wheel feels loose ,pulls to one side also,The problem started when I change my rack pinion.?

My steering wheel feel loose ,pulls to one side also,The problem started when I change my rack pinion.Any suggest ? The vechile is 01 Dodge Durango 5.9, 4 wheel drive!

Thanks!
My steering wheel feels loose ,pulls to one side also,The problem started when I change my rack pinion.?
did you get the alignment? or did they tell you they did it and didn't? get this checked unless you'd like to keep the pulling, which will eventually ruin your front end anyway.also have the joints and tie rods checked, by someone reliable, not a back yard mechanic, or ultra cheap. good luck
My steering wheel feels loose ,pulls to one side also,The problem started when I change my rack pinion.?
I drive a dodge durango 2000 sport, and mine did the same thing to me

and i bet it was the same thing.. and it probably happens to alot of durangos



its the power steering.. it seriously is a piece of crap. I have had to change mine like 3 times. But honestly, the cheep fix is to get power steering fluid and put more in every 2-3 weeks (about 5-6 dollars a bottle)



hope I helped! :)
sounds like you need an alinment
take it to a shop and get everything aligned. make sure someone with the proper tools does it, or it could make everything worse. just tell them at the shop- trust me, you can't fix it yourself.
Almost any changes in the steering linkage usually require re-adjustment. The linkage is adjusted from the factory to the parts that are there. Any time a new paret is installed, you basically have to re-align it.

Also, the Dodge Durango is one of the most problematic vehicles on Yahoo Answers.
Might recheck your linkage to make sure everything is locked and ******. Sounds like a tie rod but if they just replaced the rack they would have recommended a new tie rod if it was loose.



They can check the upper and lower BJ's as well.



Good Luck!
your vehicle front tires may not be properly align, or could be tire air pressure low on one side, make sure tires are the same size