Friday, September 23, 2011

My dealer did an alignment on my SUV, but when I drive straight the steering wheel is slightly off still.?

When I brought it in I needed an alignment because the steering wheel was off slightly to the right. Now when the dealer did an alignment the steering wheel is off slightly to the left. I changed all 4 tires a few months so I don't know if the tires have any impact on this or not but they are brand new. While at the dealer today I also had them rotate all 4 tires. What should my next step be? I would hate to keep going back to the dealer.
My dealer did an alignment on my SUV, but when I drive straight the steering wheel is slightly off still.?
id take it back and tell them to center the steering wheel out on it also,their supposed to do that before they align it,but a lot of places don't do it,id take it back though,I'm like you i don't like driving one that the wheel is real bad off center,they will correct this for you at no charge to you,and don't worry about going back to them ,when they don't do their job right ,always take it back,good luck with it.
My dealer did an alignment on my SUV, but when I drive straight the steering wheel is slightly off still.?
Take it back anyway. The steering wheel should be straight after an alignment%26gt;
take it back and tell them to align the steering wheel . that should have been done there the first time
thats waht happens when you get an alignment it doesnt mean anything is wrong its just the way the wheel is when they adjust it no big deal unless u hate it
Not sure if you bought brand new or not, but I had bought a brand new Monte Carlo SS back in 87 and the wheel was turned a little to the left while driving straight on a perfect alignment.

Then about a year ago a friend of mine bought a brand new Nissan truck, and his wheel was off. In both cases, the steering wheels were pulled and re-centered.

I've also seen off steering wheels that were cured with an alignment.



Hope this helps.
take it back and let them know. The customer is always right.
If the alignment was done correctly the steering wheel will be straight.simple as that.the technician should have roadtested the vehicle after the alignment was completed.I guess they must have skipped that part.You should be able to take it back and they should fix it;however if they cant you may have to take it somewhere else.Ask your friends where they take their car.
take it back and tell them to align it again.
you could have a radial pull you had the tires rotated try switching the front tires side to side first if it goes the other way than its the tires.. I work at a tire shop and this happens a lot..
Sometimes it something as simple as tire pressure.