Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Steering wheel squeaks - Ford Focus 05?

I took my Focus to the lube service for regular oil change, they recommended to change the steering wheel fluid, big mistake !!, now I have squeaks every time I turn right or left. Should I drain the fluid and try the Ford brand fluid ? Any other idea ?
Steering wheel squeaks - Ford Focus 05?
What in the world is steering wheel fluid? is it something to clean the steering wheel?



I'd be willing to bet they overfilled it.
Steering wheel squeaks - Ford Focus 05?
Stupid question to ask, have you checked the Fluid level? If it is full then you might have some real problems. You might want to consider having a 'decent' mechanic look at it if it is full.
fords are very notorious for the power steering pump to make noise after replacing the fluid. any good transmission fluid conditioner added to the power steering fluid after removing some of the fluid will eliminate this problem. bg makes a good fluid also wynns make a good conditioner.this may sound like a hoax but, it really works.
Hard to say without hearing the squeak or where it is coming from. Posibilities are rack and pinion, clock spring, tie rod end or the pump. I have seen all of these.