Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Is it difficult to center a steering wheel when asking for an alignment?

I have a 2006 Dodge Dakota that had a minor alignmnet problem and an out of center steering wheel. I took it to the dealer and told them to center my steering wheel. They agreed with me and told me they could do it and charged me 89.00. Long story short no change. Am I asking to much? Truck has 13000 miles on it and the tires appear to have normal wear.
Is it difficult to center a steering wheel when asking for an alignment?
First of all you paid to much. At my shop ( an AcDelco service center ) We charge 49.00 for a complete alignment on a rear wheel drive vehicle. Second of all, if you took it in and ask specifically for the steering wheel to be straight, It SHOULD be straight. It is not hard at all to get a straight steering wheel during a alignment IF you know what you are doing, but apparently that's the problem. I would definitely take it back, but I don't think I would let the same guy do it.
Is it difficult to center a steering wheel when asking for an alignment?
When a proper front end alignment is dont the steering wheel should be center, if it isnt then the alignment is not correct, take it back and tell them that.
This is a five minute job. Any COMPETENT tech can do it.
  • thinning hair
  • migrating existing portal
  •