Friday, September 23, 2011

Why does my steering wheel start to shake(slightly) when I step on the brake?

It shakes harder when I'm going down a hill and apply the brakes. My brakes are fairly new so they don't need changing.



Can it be that the rotors are warped or something?



It's an 05 Camery.
Why does my steering wheel start to shake(slightly) when I step on the brake?
Warped rotors.
Why does my steering wheel start to shake(slightly) when I step on the brake?
warped rotors
Umm idk kus im a girl and dont know sh*t about cars besides they have four wheels. haha no but yeah:



I have a mitsubishi and the steering wheel would shake really bad on the freeway like once I got up by 60mph. it was the ALIGHNMENT. It needed to be realighned.

We dont have hills in Houston so im not sure how my car acted when going down hills.

goodluck!!
Sounds like one or both of the rotors on your front wheels are warped.
Sounds like rotors, alignment, or even a tire balance and rotation (long shot, but it could be, I got lucky). When that happened to my Jeep, it turned out the balancing weights on my wheels came off, and I was past due for a rotation. If you call around to a few places, and tell them what's happening, ask if you bring your car up there if they can just look but not touch. Some places will charge like $20, other's will do it for free. Either or though, it can't be ignored.
Your rotors are warped, turn them.