Friday, September 23, 2011

Whining noise when I turn my steering wheel?

why does my car make a whining noise when I turn the steering wheel? i 2 days ago i changed the timing belt and while doing that i decided to change the radiator belt and the steering belt because they where worn. So there was no noise with the old belt and there is with the new one. Also i had to disconnect a steering fluid hose because it was in my way and it drip some fluid but then i refill it. i think the tension is ok but what do you think?
Whining noise when I turn my steering wheel?
well the tension could be off alittle bit and when you turn the belt could be slipping and not pumping the fluid enough or there could be an air bubble in the power steering line and that's why you are getting the wining noise
Whining noise when I turn my steering wheel?
your steering is hydraulically controlled. The whining that you hear is coming from the power steering pump. It could be straining itself or it may have air in the lines. I think that you should have your hydraulic system for your power steering bled and have them check to make sure that it doesn't need to be flushed. Even if they need to flush the fluid to replace it with new, clean fluid, it wont cost much to do.
  • from eyebrow waxing
  • school nurse needing advice
  •