Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Why did everything on my steering wheel quit working?

I have an '06 Dodge Charger and today it was normal, I shut it of and when I started it back up about 10 minutes later and started driving home I notice the ESP and BAS lights were on, the traction control light was also on. I thought this was weird and hit the ESP OFF button and nothing changed. I came to a stoplight and noticed the turn signal wasn't working in either direction (the hazards still work). I tried the wipers, nothing, the cruise control, nothing, even the horn doesn't work. Everything else seems ok, just everything on the actual steering wheel and column doesn't work. It has about 19,000 miles on it and it is under warranty but I am going out of town in 2 days and wanted to maybe get a heads up on what might be wrong any help would be great!
Why did everything on my steering wheel quit working?
Since your leaving in 2 days, I would try and take it to the shop before then (most of the time they can fix any problem the same day that you drop it off) If you cannot take it in, then I would call the Dodge dealership and talk to a mechanic there and make sure that your car is safe to drive and see if they know the reason why this is happening without looking at the car, sometimes they have already experienced this type of problem and can diagnosis it over the phone
Why did everything on my steering wheel quit working?
hi i dont know alot about new model cars , maybe your fuse board has blow out , usually located on righthand side below the steering column, if its major problem take it to mechanics the have machines now which diagnose problems instantly .
A definite electrical problem. Could be a module ,a connecter or a fuse. Have the dealer do a diagnostic. He may let you have a loaner because it sounds like yours may be in the shop a day or two.